Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rush to Judgment?

We've blogged before, with some caution, about the apparent new face of Republicanism in America, Rush Limbaugh. I say with caution only because we happen to be in the same business, and I don't want criticism to be confused with jealousy (lol!).

Yet here is the porcine talker, blathering on as if he and only he holds the key to reversing grim GOP fortunes. And Democrats are sitting back, letting Limbaugh drag his so-called friends down the tube. Yes, folks, that's entertainment!

Michael Steele got it right. Limbaugh is an entertainer. In fact, Steele lost style points for recanting and throwing himself on the sword of Rushbo. What none of these people seem to realize is that Limbaugh's "I hope he fails" mantra is way out of the mainstream. 

How far out of the mainstream? I give you a quote from the man himself. "The Administration is enabling me. They are expanding my profile, expanding my audience, and expanding my influence". Gee, if that's the case, why not make a run for president in 2012, Rush? And what color is the sky in his world?

It only helps Democrats and President Obama that congressional Republicans and people like Michael Steele are scared to cross Limbaugh. If recent polling is at all accurate, this guy has a lower approval rating than Rev. Jeremiah Wright and William Ayers, two people the GOP tried to tie around Obama's neck during the campaign.

So, keep talking Rush. You may be helping yourself and your radio show, but you're also helping the opposition. 

How does it feel to be a Democratic talking point?  

1 comment:

sanda said...

Watch out what you joke about or "wish for". I think a few entertainers have won elected office, like even a President...

I have never been able to listen to the man of whom you speak for more than 3 minutes and not more than 3 times. I am not "entertained" by him. With the exception of this blog entry and my comment, I ignore the man.